Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Thursday Theory...3/17/2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

First of all congratulations to JC W. from Arlington, VA for correctly guessing the movie line from "Tommy Boy" in the last post. 

I’m going to take a little break today and start a recurring feature that we’ll call “I Have a Theory Thursdays.” But in true perfect antidote fashion I’m not going to actually commit to doing this each Thursday. Just setting expectations.

I am fascinated by people’s random theories about the way the world works (that really have nothing to do with the way the world works). We all have them, I certainly do. What I love is that no matter how ridiculous they are, there is an ounce of truth in there somewhere, even if it’s just experiential truth for a couple people. I think we can all relate. So we’ll start off with the first one today.

I Have a Theory…

…that the relevance of time is directly proportional to your distance from the equator.

The shorter the distance, the less relevant time is. Seriously, they don’t call it Aloha time for nothin’.


So share your theories either in a comment here or by emailing yourperfectantidote@gmail.com at any time and i'll try to get them posted.


Song of the Day
In honor of Green Beer, Clan McSweeny, and Tommy O'Shea, the song of the day is Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies".

3 comments:

  1. i agree. now let's get closer to the equator and throw the concept of time out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I currently reside close to the equator (4 degrees, 19 minutes South of it to be exact), I would tend to agree with the theory.

    Some African's, as I've been told, have a saying, "that you (aka western man) have the watch, but we have the time." Understanding this helps when you live in a place like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...if you're on a flight that starts far away from the equator and ends up close to it than your "perception" of the relevance of time than also changes??

    ie., I care a lot about the time when I take off from Denver and then don't give a s*#t when I land.

    Hmmmm....interesting theory!

    ReplyDelete