Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Weekly Theory 6.9.2011

In honor of seeing something very similar to this picture this week:


Source
I present the weekly theory:

I Have a Theory...

...that tucking in an Aloha shirt defeats the purpose of an Aloha shirt.

Sorry Magnum, I'm just sayin'.

Song of the Day
One of my favorite Hawaiian bands is a group called Pure Heart.  They are no longer together but when they were they featured  the most ridiculous ukulele player i've ever heard. His name is Jake Shimabukuro and i encourage you to look this guy up.  He's insane.  I was searching for one of their songs in particluar but couldn't find them actually playing it, just a bunch of covers.  I wasn't going to feature the song until I came across this cover from a guy who played all three string peices separately and then spliced the video together to make a seamless song.  In honor of the 808 state and Aloha shirts everywhere, the song of the day is Bodysurfing, originally by Herb Ohta, arranged by Pure Heart, and played by some random kid in his room.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment