Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Holiday Party

File under  Get a Smaller Plate

This past weekend was my work team's holiday party. 

It was a typical holiday party: food, drinks, 30 Irish Car Bombs, a white elephant gift exchange, a Guy on a Buffalo, a birthday celebration, two guys trying to crash hotel rooms (you know who you are), making fun of each other in team member profiles, ridiculous bets, and debating crappy mid-90's music.

But most of all it was an opportunity to be with and talk to the people i may see everyday but never really get to know very well.  It's those opportunities that i will remember 20 years down the road, and I left with the feeling that those opportunities shouldn't come only once a year.   

Song of the Day
I've been a big fan of the band Muse for a while now, but i heard this song again at the team party and it reminded me just how much i like the band. This song was featured on my top ten running songs here, but i think it may be making it onto my greatest songs of all time list.  In honor of spending time that matters with people because no one is getting out of here alive, the song of the day is Muse's Knights of Cydonia, live from Wembley Stadium.  Oh, how I wish I was at this concert. The 3:38-5:00 mark is ridiculous especially around 4:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment